20080308

The less Bono know, the more Bono believe

I read the Declaration of Independence and I've read the Constitution of the United States, and they are some liner notes, dude.

There's a great freedom when you have your feet in two so called mutually exclusive worlds: The world of irony, and the world of soul, The world of flesh, and the world of spirit, The world of surface and the world of depth.

When the story of these times gets written, we want it to say that we did all we could, and it was more than anyone could have imagined.

Senators, I spend a lot of time in this country. Maybe too much for your liking. I spend a lot of time in buses. At truck stops. In town halls. In church halls. I do all this, and I'm not even running for office.

Books! I dunno if I ever told you this, but books are the greatest gift one person can give another.

As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both.

In some ways, success is a lot easier to achieve than relevance.

The final mark of greatness, I think, is emptiness.

No comments: